Friday, April 13, 2012

Moving on Up...

So I finally have a domain name!  CarlaBarilaKaram.com  

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to use my own name.  

To date I have created three blogs, and before that I love my artwork.  

With that said, I feel instead of having each of my creations floating in internet-space, I want them all in one place.  Under the umbrella of my name... Carla Barila Karam. 


Sure I could pay someone to do all of this for me, but in the true spirit of who I am, I have decided to do it all myself - learning as I create.

I first transferred this blog, because it is smaller (not as many posts).  I have converted it to a WordPress blog and is now being self hosted.  Wow!  I can't tell you how much I have learned up until now.

I am still working on the design and am slowly getting traffic there.  Luckily I write this blog once a week, which gives me time to work on it... I am hoping to have it completed within the next month or so.

My main site and My LifeStyle ReDesign both look a pretty generic right now, but behind the scenes it is coming together!!  I am even creating my very own background from scratch!  One thing is for sure... keeping true to me, there will be a little bit of red there too.  wink, wink.

I have been writing new posts on my WordPress site to get the hang of it, but I neglected to post them here as well.  I read somewhere not to duplicate your work on different sites, it somehow brings your rating down.  Whatever that means... so for the time being I decided to KIS (keep it simple).  So have a look see... and don't forget to tell me what you think.   www.carlabarilakaram.com/mylifestyleredesign/  

Again, being the multi-tasker that I am ... and in the spirit of who I am... I am working on both websites.  Then, once they are all polished I will add my other two blogs to the mix, and my artwork portfolio.

Here's to sharing my world with you!


Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

Congrats Carla I look forward to your big reveal of your new site. Hugs and VB♥ P.S. newest linky follower :-)