Friday, March 16, 2012

Post 17 / Day 107 ~ The Missing Ingredient to Healthy Weight Loss

To diet or non-diet?  More importantly... WHICH DIET?!?  


THAT'S THE QUESTION!


There's the Alkaline Diet, Alli, Atkins diet, Baby Food Diet, Belly Fat Cure, Best Life Diet, Big Breakfast Diet, Biggest Loser Diet, Biggest Loser Simple Swaps, Body for Life, Brown Fat Revolution, Cabbage Soup Diet, The Carb Lovers Diet, The Caveman (Paleo) Diet, Cheater's Diet, Cinch Diet, Cookie Diet, Detox Diets, The Diet Solution, Dr. Oz Ultimate Diet, Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution, Dukan Diet, The Eat-Clean Diet, Eat More Weigh Less, Eat Right for Your Type, Eat This - Not That, Eat What You Love, Eco Atkins Diet, Fast Food Diet, Fat Smash Diet, Flat Belly Diet, Flexitarian Diet, 5 Factor Diet, Flavor Point Diet, 4 Day Diet, Fruit Flash Diet, French Women Don't Get Fat, Fresh Diet, The FullBar Diet, G Free Diet, Gene Smart Diet, Glycemic Index Diet, Grapefruit Diet, Hallelujah Diet, HGG Diet, High School Reunion Diet, The Hormone Diet, Instinct Diet, Jenny Craig, The Kind Diet, LA Weight Loss, Lemonade Diet, Living Low-Carb, Macrobiotic Diet, Martha's Vineyard Diet, Master  Your Metabolism, Mayo Clinic Diet, Medifast Diet, Mediterranean Diet, Morning Banana Diet, Naturally Thin Diet, New Atkins for a New You, New Beverly Hills Diet, NutriSystem, O2 Diet, Park Avenue Diet, Perricone Diet, Personality Type Diet, P.I.N.K. Method, Pritikin Principle, Protein Powder, Raw Food Diet, Rice Diet Solution, The 17 Day Diet, Shangri-La Diet, Skinny Vegan Diet, Slim Fast Plan, Sonoma Diet, South Beach Diet, South Beach Diet Supercharged, The Spectrum, Step Diet, Sugar Busters, Thin for Life, This Is Why You're Fat, 3 Day Diet, 3-Hour Diet, UltraMetabolism Diet, Volumetrics, What  Color is Your Diet?, The Weigh Down, Weight Loss Cure, Weight Watchers, Dr. Andrew Weil, You- On A Diet, and The Zone to name a few.  Phew!


Seriously?  I mean really!  I know that not every diet works for every person.  I realize this.  However with so many choice at hand, it's no wonder why many of us are not sticking to "our" diets, and jumping to the next.  When after so many years of dieting myself, I have come to the understanding that we have to stick to one and see it through.


... Let's not forget about EXERCISE either... 


The BEST of diets or non-diets WILL NOT work without EXERCISE!! and WATER!!


But more importantly... I think we have been missing out on one BASIC ingredient to a healthy weight loss... and that is our MENTAL HEALTH!!


Without a good  mental outlet, honestly... I really do not think that THE BEST OF THE BEST DIET will work.

Therefore... the missing ingredient is taking care of those ISSUES that had you comfort eating to begin with.


Sooo tell me ...  How's your mental health?   

Check and compare your diet.  Source:  http://www.webmd.com/diet/evaluate-latest-diets

Here's to another glass of water!  Do not over do it, please.

Stay healthy and Think Positive!

Blessings to you and yours. 

Images courtesy of google and or Bing images.  Other photographs are property of Carla Barila Karam and My LifeStyle ReDesign.  Copyright laws apply.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything in moderation, go for a walk or do something to get your heart pumping when you can, shower 3 times a week...all will be well:)

Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree more! I was actually just sitting down to write a little on the same exact subject!

Weight Watchers has a formula that works for me. BUT, if I'm not happy, and life isn't what I want it to be, I can't stick to it, and I can't keep the weight off.

susan jakovina said...

Not sure which diet is the best. All of them seem to be just a temporary fix at best. That said, I've seen the best success overall with Weight Watchers. But what do I know! :)

Ang said...

True--I've never been one for dieting really. The main thing is, don't eat too much, save "junk" food for special occasions, drink A LOT of water (water, not liquids), and yes, exercise! Works for me!